Role and Responsibilities
1. Installation Planning:
• Daily meetings with Project Administrator and / or Project Manager to discuss tasks and planning for
the day / week / month ahead.
• Looking at the current list of jobs and doing appropriate planning to have it installed in the required
• Making sure sites are ready for the installation to take place. Assessing up and coming sites.
• Ensuring external installation companies are properly trained up on MT documentation and the specific
installation to be completed;
• Doing physical installations of commercial grade panels and computers.
• Configuring display panels, PC’s and routers where required to get them operational and connected to
• Following company internal processes and documentation workflow.
• Doing QA (Quality Assurance) on installed sites once the installation has been completed to make sure
the job was done within our minimum requirements.
• Always working in a safe and responsible.
• It will be expected from you to always conduct yourself in a professional manner when working with
external installers, clients and internal staff.
• You will make part of the projects team at MT. Meaning you will work very closely with the Project
• Liaising with steel manufacturers and various other suppliers to make sure we have all specialized
equipment (like custom made brackets) made within spec and correct for any special requirements.
• From time to time you will be required to work at night and over weekends. This is due to some
installations that can only happen at night and / or Project deadlines that needs to be met.
• Overtime will only be paid if you work more than 45 hrs per week.
• Weekly reporting to be completed: QA inspections completed, training completed to external installers,
and all your installations done for the week.
4. Key Performance Indicators:
• Constant communication between yourself and PA’s
• Making sure we always improve our installation quality (New initiatives)
• Making sure sites are ALWAYS ready before we go out to site to install.
• Making sure you have the correct stock to finalize the job first time, (correct brackets etc) The PA’s
are not equipped to know the technical ins and outs.
• Hand over to maintenance when the installation is done. Maintenance brief per site and document
• Post installation brief / analysis with PA’s on finalization of every installation. How can we do things
5. Minimum Requirements
• Minimum of a matric qualification is required. Preferably with technical drawing as a subject.
• Experience in installing digital signage equipment (TV’s, computers) Minimum 3 years.
• Good understanding of basic computer operation. (Connecting a computer to a wireless network,
configuring different displays, troubleshooting problems telephonically) Minimum 2 years.
• Positive attitude, go getter.
• Willing to travel on short notice.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills.
• Safety conscious at all times.
• Creative thinker.
Signed and accepted by employer: Date:
Signed and accepted by employee: