Digital Network Installer (DBN)
IntroductionMoving Tactics, established in 1997, is the leading provider of trusted, innovative Digital Signage Solutions.
We are looking for a motivated, ambitious and hard working intern who is looking for a footstep into the Digital Space.
We are currerntly running a Yes4Youth 12 month (Fixed term) work experience program which provides ample opportunity to learn and grow within the business and industry. Please note that as this is a Y4Y Program, this means that candidates who have previousy registered and completed a internship through Y4Y will not be eligible to apply for the internship.
The aim of the Y4Y program is to provide opportunities to unemployed SA citizens and get their foot in the door with working experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
General- Installation of Moving Tactics Solutions.
- General driving duties.
- Deliveries and pickups of stock and equipment as required.
- Maintenance of existing sites.
- Ensure site(s) are ready for the installation prior to installations.
- Stock Reporting.
- Doing physical installations of commercial grade panels and computers. Technical Maintenance
- Configuring display panels, PC’s and routers where required to get them operational and connected to the network.
- Following company internal processes and documentation workflow.
- Being OHS compliant at all times.
- It will be expected from you to always conduct yourself in a professional manner when working with external installers, clients and internal staff.
- Liaise with Project Administrators/Managers to ensure everything is up to date and compliant.
- From time to time you will be required to work at night and over weekends. This is due to some installations that can only happen at night and / or Project deadlines that needs to be met.
- (Overtime is time over and above the regular 45 hours per week. Time if given back)
- Aid Offsite maintenance where necessary.
- Calling stores related to maintenance.
- Visiting stores and maintaining networks (onsite).
- Cleaning Screens and making sure visual appearance is of a high standard.
- Resolving errors on screens (onsite).
- Driving to stores to resolve issues.
- Revamping and renovating current networks and stores.
- Completing checklists for store visits.
- Taking pictures of completed work.
- Weekly reporting to be completed.
- Stock reports to be done weekly.
- Time schedule reports to be completed daily.
Key Performance Indicators
- Making sure we always improve our installation quality (New initiatives)
- Making sure on-site issues are resolved timelessly.
- Making sure sites are always ready before installation deadline.
- Making sure you have the correct stock to finalize the job first time, (correct brackets etc.) The PA’s are not equipped to know the technical ins and outs.
- Communication between all relevant departments
- Minimum of a matric qualification is required. Preferably with technical drawing as a subject.
- Experience in installing digital signage equipment (TV’s, computers) Minimum 2 years.
- Good understanding of basic computer operation and networking (Connecting a computer to a wireless network, configuring different displays) Minimum 2 years.
- Valid South African Driver’s License (Up to date)
- Knowledge on Power tools
- Positive attitude, go getter.
- Willing to travel on short notice.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Safety conscious always.
- Ability to work independently
- Creative thinker
- Meticulous with tasks
- Smart Phone
Any other Task the Management deems necessary to fulfill the role of Maintenance/Installations Technician.
Good communicator, honest, reliable, proactive and problem solver. Attention to detail and willing to go the extra mile. A go getter and positive attitude will go a long way in succeeding in this role.
Package & Remuneration
R5,000.00 per month (Basic Salary) Negotiable depending on experience.