National Stock Controller
IntroductionMoving Tactics, established in 1997, is the leading provider of trusted, innovative Digital Signage Solutions.
We are looking for a fast paced, dynamic, proactive and highly motivated individual to join our team as the National Stock Controller.
We are looking for someone with a technical background, highly organised and proactive who is able to effectively and efficiently manage Moving Tactics Stock within all regions and deliver top-notch customer service excellence.
Duties & Responsibilities
Effectively and efficiently ensure that there is compliance with all policies and procedures and strict adherence to internal/external controls. Ensure monthly reporting is done accurately and timeously and contains appropriate content to enable effective decision making. Ensure that all tasks all completed timeously and accurately. Ensure achievement of company’s strategic objectives. Effective coordination with Regional Stock Controllers, Project Managers, Account Managers and Courier partners. Provide support and guidance where needed. Oversee all forms of Stock Control. Constant learning, research and development of our back end stock control system to ensure we get the maximum out of our stock control platform.
- Effective management of stock. Understanding and optimising stock usage and levels.
- Monthly full stock takes in all regions.
- Creation of accurate weekly and monthly reports.
- Putting Stock Reporting in place for regional stock controllers to adhere to.
- Awareness of Moving Tactics FOC stock, client allocation and optimal placement thereof in line with installed sites in - South Africa for optimum turn around on repairs and swap outs.
- Receiving, prepping and dispatching stock in a timely manner aligned with Project Management time lines.
- Identify slow moving & redundant stock, communicate with Project Managers to use the stock and Account Managers to sell the stock.
- Oversee Disposal and Write-off of inventory, based on Technical HOD approval.
- Management of staff, making sure Stock Control Process and Procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Stock security is pivotal, make sure stock is at all times secure and safe.
- Adhere to insurance requirements to ensure that we never have declined claims do to non compliance.
- Making sure all store rooms are neat and tidy with stock levels in that specific store room readily available.
- Establishing, enhancing, implementing and monitoring internal controls and processes.
- Identifying stock control weaknesses accompanied by timeous corrective action.
- Quarterly visits to the Durban and Cape Town offices to catch up with your stock controllers in these regions.
- Ensuring effective communication across all departments as far as stock is concerned.
- Monthly Age Analysis on stock in the field. This is to identify clients where stock has reached End of Life.
- Communicating this to the the relevant Account Managers, so they can sell new equipment to the client.
- Managing and Controlling all PPE Stock.
- Managing and fast tracking all repairs. In Warranty, Out of Warranty and Out of Box failures.
- Managing and fast tracking Repair Projects. Mass replacements / reworking of panels / devices to get networks back up to standard again.
- Nurturing a good relationship with all repair agents and OEM’s.
- Attend to Ad-Hoc Stock Requests from Management.
- Monthly Meetings with Line Manager, Regional Stock Controllers and Project Managers.
- Performance measuring and management.
- Enforcing ethical, honest, transparent, fair work environment.
- Train Staff where needed.
- Monitoring of employee productivity
- Effective communication with all team members and relevant departments.
- Hosting Bi Annual Stock Processes and Procedure Workshops.
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to work Key interfaces
- Poses a sense of urgency and maintains stress awareness/management
- Poses a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Readily accepts feedback, mentoring and coaching
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in communicating issues and resolving them.
- Proactive and accountable
- Line Manager – JHB
- Regional Stock Controllers – DBN, CPT
- Digital Innovations - CPT
- Moving Tactics Public Managers
- Suppliers – Specific suppliers
- Moving Tactics Technical
- Moving Tactics Admin
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Experience in Stock Control would be advantageous
- Highly organised
- Able to multitask and manage multiple projects
- Strong decision making
- Attention to detail
- Strong time-management skills
Package & Remuneration
R15 000 per month (Basic Salary) Negotiable depending on experience.
Hollard's Life Policy
Allan Gray Retirement Annuity (The company will match up to the value of R500.00 post successful probation period)